|Visit Us On:|
A "qualified domestic relation order" (QDRO) is a domestic relations order that creates or recognizes the existence of an alternate payee's right to receive, or assigns to an alternate payee the right to receive, all or a portion of the benefits payable with respect to a participant under a retirement plan, and that includes certain information and meets certain other requirements.
Steps for completing a QDRO
1. We will obtain a sample QDRO from the plan administrator.
2. Your QDRO will be prepared to the specifications in the sample in just a few days.
3. Your QDRO will need to be signed by both of you once it is approved by the plan administrator.
4. Return the QDRO to us and we will submit to the court so the judge can sign.
5. We will submit to the plan administrator.